1 Nephi 14:18—LOOK!
the angel spoke to Nephi saying Look!
Look is capitalized and has an exclamation point!
Look! Means more than just seeing something. It means to see it and think about it and understand it.
It means to wake up and take notice or learn and observe thoguhtfully what the Lord has to show and teach Nephi and us.
It means to behold it.
- Gen 9:1
And the bow shall be in the cloud and I will look upon it,that I may remember the everlasting covenant.
- Gen. 19:17 (to Lot) look not behind thee. v. 26 but his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.
- Numbers 21:8 (Moses lifts up a serpent of brass to save those who look theron.)
- Mosiah 18:1 but that they shall look forward to that day for a remission of their sins.
- Alma 5:3 Do you look forward with an eye of faith...
- Alma 37:3 if they would look they might live, even so it is with us, the way is prepared and if we look we may live.
- D&C 6:36 Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not...Behold the wounds... be faithful, keep my commandments and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.
- Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many, and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
- 10/15 Durrant
My Heart Pondereth
(ponderizing a scripture each week can help us look unto Christ in every thought)
- 4/15 Causse
Is it Still Wonderful to You?
We look but we don't see, we hear but we don't really listen. Jesus said “blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see.
1-Never tire of rediscovering the truth.
2-anchor your faith in the plain and simple truths of the gospel ...see and cherish the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Most wonders of the gospel cannot be perceived by our natural senses.
Hold to the rod, help others on their way, have faith, keep daily spiritusl goals of first priority.
Pray deeper and more, study prayerfully and daily, review hymns daily, keep an eye single to the Glory of God. HEAVEN WILL HAPPEN
Seek me in every thought, doubt not, fear not, D&C 6:36
89 The Lord Is My Light
158 Before Thee, Lord.
...Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path...