1 Nephi 1:18- --We thank Thee, O God For A Prophet
After Lehi had received so many marvelous things in the visions concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, he went forth prophesying.
Lehi was commanded to prophesy and warn the people so they might repent.
Many prophets have been called to prophesy .
- 2 Kings 17:13 The Lord testified against Israel and against Judah, by all the prophets....
- Neh 9:30
- Isa 58:1 Lift up thy voice like a trumpet and shew my people their transgressions.
- Jer. 5:14 I will make my words in thy mouth fire.
- Ezek. 33:9 Warn the wicked of his way to turn from it.
- Amos 3:7 He revealeth his secrets unto his servants, the prophets.
- Jonah 1:2 (3:1-4) Go to Ninivah and cry against it.
- 2 Ne 9:48 Expedient that I teach you the consequences of sin.
Prophets speak for Christ
- Jesus was the ultimate prophet. John 6:14
- Nephi prophecied of Christ's coming 2Ne. 2:25
We have prophets today who prophecy of Christ coming in the Latter Days. We should embrace their teaching and prepare for the second coming.
March 2014 Ensign “the mustard seed is to grow and spread for the purpose of preparing the world for the second coming of Jesus Christ. 10Th, 11th, 12th articles of faith teach us about preparing the world for the second coming.
Just as Jerusalem was about to be destroyed because of wickedness so also are individuals destroyed by wickedness. Prophets have always taught us that and that wickedness never was nor will be happiness.
10/13 Elder A. Ochoa
Today is the time to look to the source of truth and ensure that our testimonies are strong.
We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet