Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Jesus Christ Our Redeemer-3 Nephi 1:14

3 Nephi 1:14
Jesus Christ, Our Redeemer

What
 14 Behold, I acome unto my own, to bfulfil all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the cfoundation of the world, and to do the dwill, eboth fof the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.

Jesus declares that he is the son of God the Father and that he is going to com in the morning and fulfill all the prophecies about his coming and enable the plan of salvation.

Why
This mission of Jesus Christ on the earth is to fulfill the plan of salvation. The reason for us all coming to this earth.

Pattern
John 1:11
11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Matt. 5:17 (17–18)
17  ¶Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the 
law, till all be fulfilled.

Alma 42:26
26  And thus God bringeth about his great and eternal purposes, which were prepared from the foundation of the world. And thus cometh about the salvation and the redemption of men, and also their destruction and misery.

3 Ne. 26:5
5  If they be good, to the resurrection of everlasting life; and if they be evil, to the resurrection of damnation; being on a parallel, the one on the one hand and the other on the other hand, according to the mercy, and the justice, and the holiness which is in Christ, who was before the world began.


Matt. 6:10
10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will bedone in earth, as it is in heaven

Matt. 6:10
10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will bedone in earth, as it is in heaven
John 5:30

30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Heb. 10:36
36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
D&C 93:4 (4, 14)
4  The Father because he gaveme of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.

14  And thus he was called the 
Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
Mosiah 15:3
3  The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son

Christ
and of the Son because of my flesh. “ Jesus tells us that He is the Son because he will be the only begotten Son of the Father.

Conference\
OCTOBER 1973 Jesus Christ, Our Redeemer
Marion G. Romney
n the following lines from his “Elias: An Epic of the Ages,” the late Elder Orson F. Whitney paraphrased what Abraham and other seers have revealed concerning the proceedings and consequences of that heavenly council and the role Jesus played in it. Now listen to these majestic lines of Brother Whitney:
In solemn council sat the Gods, …
“… That awful hour was one
When thought doth most avail;
Of worlds unborn the destiny
Hung trembling in the scale.
Silence self-spelled; and there arose,
Those kings and priests among,
A power sublime, than whom appeared
None nobler ’mid the throng.
A stature mingling strength with grace,
Of meek though godlike mien;
The glory of whose countenance
Outshone the noonday sheen. …
He spake;—attention grew more grave,
The stillness e’en more still.
Father,’ it said, ‘since one must die,
Thy children to redeem,
From spheres all formless now and void,
Where pulsing life shall teem;
“‘And mighty Michael [Adam] foremost fall
That mortal man may be;
And chosen saviour Thou must send,
Lo, here am I—send me!
I ask, I seek no recompense,
Save that which then were mine;
Mine be the willing sacrifice,
The endless glory Thine! …’
Still rang that voice, when sudden rose
Aloft a towering form,
Proudly erect as lowering peak
Lumed by the gathering storm; …
“‘Send me! ’coiled ’neath his courtly smile
A scarce concealed disdain—
And none shall hence, from heaven to earth,
That shall not rise again.
My saving plan exception scorns.
Man’s will?—Nay, mine alone.
As recompense, I claim the right
To sit on yonder Throne!’
Resumed and denser grew.
All eyes were turned; the general gaze
One common magnet drew.
A moment there was solemn pause—
Listened eternity,
While rolled from lips omnipotent
The Father’s firm decree:
“‘Jehovah, thou my Messenger!
Son Ahman, thee I send;
And one shall go thy face before,
While twelve thy steps attend.
And many more on that far shore
The pathway shall prepare,
That I, the first, the last may come,
And earth my glory share. …
“‘Go forth, thou Chosen of the Gods,
Whose strength shall in thee dwell!
Go down betime and rescue earth,
Dethroning death and hell.
On thee alone man’s fate depends,
The fate of beings all.
Thou shalt not fail, though thou art free—
Free, but too great to fall.
“‘By arm divine, both mine and thine,
The lost thou shalt restore,
And man, redeemed, with God shall be,
As God forevermore.
Return, and to the parent fold
This wandering planet bring,
And earth shall hail thee Conqueror,
And heaven proclaim thee King.’
“ ’Twas done.
From congregation vast,
Tumultuous murmurs rose;
Waves of conflicting sound, as when
Two meeting seas oppose.
Twas finished.
But the heavens wept;
And still their annals tell
How one was choice of Elohim,
O’er one who fighting fell.”

During the 2,000 years immediately preceding the birth of Christ there flourished in America two great civilizations. To them also the mission of Christ was made known. The Book of Mormon reveals the fact that to one of the leaders of a colony being divinely led from “the great tower” to America, “the Lord showed himself … and said … :
Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. … In me shall all mankind have light, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name. …
Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; … and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.” (Ether 3:13–14, 16.)
The Book of Mormon further records that some 2,200 years later, on the night before Christ was born, “the voice of the Lord came unto” another American prophet, saying:
Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, … and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.” (3 Ne. 1:13.)
Every one of us, of course, knows of the angelic announcement on the fields of Bethlehem, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” (Luke 2:11.)
Both the Father and the Son have repeatedly born convincing witness that Jesus is our Redeemer. At Christ’s baptism the Father said: “… Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased” (Luke 3:22); and later on the Mount of Transfiguration, “… This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him” (Matt. 17:5).
The New Testament repeatedly makes record of Christ’s own witness to his identity and mission. One of the most impressive declarations of both the Father and the Son was to the Nephites in America, whom Christ visited following the close of his post-resurrection ministry in the land of Jerusalem. To them the Father introduced the resurrected Jesus with these words:
...Jesus is as he said, “the life and light of the world” (D&C 10:70); “… Jesus Christ is the name which is given of the Father, and there is none other name given whereby man can be saved” (D&C 18:23). His “Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world” and continues to enlighten “every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit.
“… every one that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit cometh unto God, even the Father.” (D&C 84:46–47.)
I further testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—presently presided over by the Lord’s prophet, President Harold B. Lee—is Christ’s church, established at his direction, endowed with his authority, and charged by him to teach his gospel and administer its saving ordinances, all to the end that men may qualify for the blessings, joy and glory placed within their reach by Jesus Christ, their Lord and their Redeemer. I bear witness to all these things in the holy name of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer. Amen.
Apply
As we reflect upon the life and mission of Jesus Christ we will learn to be more like Him, to follow His example. He is our exemplar and our Redeemer.
As stated in the Relief Society theme:”we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar. We are women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study. See spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.”

Hymns
86- How Great Thou Art
189- O thou Before the World Began

Children
I Am A Child of God (301 in Hymn book)
Teach Me to Walk In The Light Of His Love (304 in Hymn book)


No comments:

Post a Comment