Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sisters Dustin and Goodin



I never had a sister. I do have wonderful sister in laws. Five of which became my step sisters later in life and they are all so special to me.

Now I have two more very special sisters in my life. Their names are Sister Sharon Dustin from American Fork Utah who is cheerful and out going and an artist and talented gardener. Sister Kathryne Goodin from, Anamus New Mexico, is a former Jr. High Math teacher who graduated from college after her husband's passing. She makes the worlds BEST doughnuts. They brighten our lives like shining angels. Each with their own set of great virtuous qualities that make my heart sing. They are so much fun to be around, work with and travel with.

They are the bravest women I know to come on a mission and drive across the country by themselves. They work very hard. Missions are not for sissys! Even Sr. missions are intended for us to grow and stretch and not just to share what we already knew, as we have been told by so many well-meaning people. They reach out in love to all they meet, fellowshiping investigators and job seekers alike. No one leaves the employment center without feeling their love. It is an honor to share some time with them. Their examples of how to face adversity with courage and faith and obedience with the power of the Holy Ghost just boggles my mind.

They are cheered and supported by their great families and loved ones but they are the examples and lead the way. Sister Goodin has 11 children and Sister Dustin has four children, all of which are their cheering section. They each have a passle of beautiful grandchildren.

They are the first of two sets of sister missionaries sent on Employment missions as a couple. They were carefully and prayerfully chosen and they are perfect for each other and this great work. One day they will tell their grandchildren in the not too far future how they were the pioneers who blazed the trail of the "Sister Power" in the Employment Program of the Church. I am proud to be associated with them. I am humbled by their examples and warmed by their love. They teach me so much!

Yeah Sisters! You Rock!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet words. It is truly OUR pleasure to be associated with YOU. You are so generous and kind to us, both in what you say and what you do. I will treasure your friendship forever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Sister Sharon Dustin

    ReplyDelete