Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Prophets-1 Nephi 20:7

1 Nephi 20:7

Prophets
What
 7 They are created now, and not from the beginning, even before the day when thou heardest them not they were declared unto thee, lest thou shouldst say—Behold I knew them.

The prophecies are happening now . You could not have guessed they were going to happen at the time the prophecies were given. I declared them to you in advance.

Why
The Lord gave the prophecies a long time in advance so that they could not declare or say, “behold, I knew them” and that it wasn't from God.

Pattern

1 Nephi 5:13 (about the plates of brass)

13 And also the prophecies of the holy prophets, from the beginning, even down to the commencement of the reign of Zedekiah; and also many prophecies which have been spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah.

1 Nephi 19:1

1 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded me, wherefore I did make plates of ore that I might engraven upon them the record of my people. And upon the plates which I made I did engraven the record of my father, and also our journeyings in the wilderness, and the prophecies of my father; and also many of mine own prophecies have I engraven upon them.
 6 But behold, I, Nephi, have not taught my children after the manner of the Jews; but behold, I, of myself, have dwelt at Jerusalem, wherefore I know concerning the regions round about; and I have made mention unto my children concerning the judgments of God, which ahathcome to pass among the Jews, unto my children, according to all that which Isaiah hath spoken, and I do not write them.
 7 But behold, I proceed with mine own prophecy, according to my aplainness; in the which I bknow that no man can err; nevertheless, in the days that the prophecies of Isaiah shall be fulfilled men shall know of a surety, at the times when they shall come to pass.
 8 Wherefore, they are of aworth unto the children of men, and he that supposeth that they are not, unto them will I speak particularly, and confine the words unto mine bown people; for I know that they shall be of great worth unto them in the clast days; for in that day shall they understand them; wherefore, for their good have I written them.

Joseph Smith—History 1:36

36 After telling me these things, he commenced quoting the prophecies of the Old Testament. He first quoted part of the third chapter of Malachi; and he quoted also the fourth or last chapter of the same prophecy, though with a little variation from the way it reads in our Bibles. Instead of quoting the first verse as it reads in our books, he quoted it thus:


Doctrine and Covenants 11:25

25 Deny not the spirit of revelation, nor the spirit of prophecy, for wo unto him that denieth these things;

Articles of Faith 1:7

    7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
    37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
    3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Mormon 9:6-8
 6 O then ye aunbelieving, bturn ye unto the Lord; cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus, that perhaps ye may be found spotless, cpure, fair, and white, having been cleansed by the blood of the dLamb, at that great and last day.
 7 And again I speak unto you who adeny the revelations of God, and say that they are done away, that there are no revelations, nor prophecies, nor gifts, nor healing, nor speaking with tongues, and the binterpretation of tongues;
 8 Behold I say unto you, he that denieth these things knoweth not the agospel of Christ; yea, he has not read the scriptures; if so, he does not bunderstand them.

Christ
He is revealing His truths through these revelations that He is giving.

Conference
10/16 Craig C. Christensen 70
A Choice Seer Will I Raise UP

When Moroni first came to Joseph Smith, he warned that Joseph’s “name should be had for good and evil among all nations.”1 We have seen the fulfillment of that prophecy. In the war between good and evil, the Restoration of the gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith has both inspired believers who follow him and also provoked antagonists who fight furiously against the cause of Zion and against Joseph himself. This battle is not new. It began soon after young Joseph walked into the Sacred Grove and continues today with added visibility on the internet.
The Lord personally declared to Joseph Smith:
The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee;
While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.”2
Today I offer my testimony to all who seek to better understand the sacred mission of Joseph Smith Jr., the Prophet of the Restoration.
We need not be timid about testifying of Joseph’s mission as prophet, seer, and revelator, for the Lord has always worked through prophets.3Because of the truths restored through Joseph Smith, we know much more about our Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ. We know of Their divine attributes, Their relationship to each other and to us, and the great plan of redemption that allows us to return to Their presence.
Of Joseph, President Brigham Young declared: “It was decreed in the councils of eternity, long before the foundations of the earth were laid, that he should be the man, in the last dispensation of this world, to bring forth the word of God to the people and receive the fullness of the keys and power of the Priesthood of the Son of God. The Lord had his eye upon him … [for he] was foreordained in eternity to preside over this last dispensation.”4

Apply
We have modern day prophets today. We have Joseph Smith Jr. and all of the presidents of the church since and apostles who are also prophets. We are so very blessed to have their leadership and their words to reveal to us the future so that we can be prepared. They strengthen us with the word from the Lord.

With that spirit of prophecy they perform sacred ordinances in the temple where families are sealed together forever. This great blessing prepares us to live with Heavenly Father as a part of His eternal family.

Hymn
19-We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet
Children Song Book
110- Follow The Prophet




No comments:

Post a Comment